Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tasting-Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon



Name:  Sutter Home Cabernet Souvignon

Variety:  Cabernet Souvignon

Region:  California, Napa Valley

Country:  United States

Year:  2011

Price: $6.99

Winemaker's Notes:  This medium bodied wine provides delicious aromas of fresh red cherries and sweet vanilla with a light, herbal touch. Soft tannins and a toasty wood character support the juicy flavors. A graceful, flavorful wine to enjoy immediately, accompanying chicken dishes, red meats, game, and mildly seasoned pastas.

My tasting notes:  Aroma of cherries evident.  I found this to be an OK cabernet sauvignon, pretty tart when the bottle was first opened.  Taste of cherries on the palate, but the finish was not as remarkable as some other cab-souvs that I have had, albeit at a higher price point.  I had this wine alone, with some cheese, and with a steak sub and it was an adequate complement.  My wife liked this wine better than I did, she said that I was too critical of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment