Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting-Sobon Estate Hillside Zinfadel



Name:  Sobon Estate Hillside Zinfadel

Variety:  Zinfadel

Region:  North Coast, CA Shenandoah Valley, Amador County

Country: USA, California

Year:  2011

Price:  $11.99

Notes (from tag at Total Wine and More): Handcrafted by Paul Sobon, this red boasts an alluring bouquet of dark fruit and cocoa. Bright and ripe fruit explodes on the palate, with flavors of blackberries, black cherry, and spice. Great with grilled chicken or sausage. Sustainably farmed.

My tasting notes:  Aromas of blackberries and cherries.  Very nice on the palate with these flavors, but I thought the most remarkable feature of this wine was the nice finish.  My wife and I tasted it several times to nail down the exact flavor, we decided it was perhaps the cocoa coming through.  I tasted this wine alone and with some cheddar cheese.  I want to try it with the recommended meals in the future.  Liked this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment