Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tasting--Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillon

 


Name: Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillon

Variety: 80% Chardonnay, 20% Semillon

Region: South Australia

Country: Australia

Year: 2008

Price:  $5.95

Winemaker's notes (from Vintage Cellar): It gives a moderate intensity of melon, guava, apricot, and butterscotch aromas. The medium bodied palate provides attractive acidity along with plenty of tropical fruit flavors and a medium long finish.

My tasting notes:  I suppose that every barrel (or wine blog) has to have a bottom, and for my wife and myself, this wine was it.  I found the nose very difficult to qualify; I suppose sour apricots was the best description (I had to cheat and look at the notes from Vintage Cellar). My wife described the nose as sulfur and gunpowder.  On the palate, it came across as cheap, sour wine.  Totally unremarkable. A big pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment